Effective May 22, 2013
2. USER CONSENT.
3. TYPES OF DATA WE COLLECT.
JobScout collects Personal Data and Anonymous Data from you when you use the Web App.
3.1 Personal Data. “Personal Data" means data that is personally identifiable to you, including your login and any other data that you provide through our site features, including your physical address, your email address, your past employment history, your geographic location, the job listings that you save, the resumes that you may send along with the cover letters and record of your use of the Calendar function within the Web device that you may be using JobScout from, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with, or linked to, such data. Depending on your use of JobScout’s application features, we collect the following Personal Data in connection with the Web App:
When you create an account with us, we will collect the username and passphrase that you create, but, however, we do not store your password;
When you create a resume using ResumeBuilder, we collect the following:
- Your entered job headline,
- Your headline description,
- Your first and last name,
- Your physical address,
- Your phone number,
- Your email address,
- Your LinkedIn Profile;
- Your Qualifications, including Skills, Volunteer Experience;
- Your Education History, including what schools you attended, their location and your dates of attendance; and
- Your Employment History, including your previous places of employment, the dates you were employed at these places, your Job Title and your Job Description.
When you use the Job Listings function, we collect the following:
- What type of job your are looking for; and
- What location you are looking for a job in.
If you save your Job Listings within the application, we will save these listings, along with the date and time that they were saved.
When you use the One Stop Job Shop, we collect the following:
- What Job Listings you have saved;
- Whether you have read the job description;
- The contact email that you enter into the “Find Contact Email” function;
- Whether you sent a resume and a the preformatted cover letter;
- Whether you have scheduled an interview through our Schedule Interview function.
When you take a JobScout lesson, we collect the following:
- What lessons you have taken;
- What badges you have earned;
- What your answers to activities within the lesson were; and
- What your progress on a lesson is if you leave a lesson before its completion and come back to it at a later time.
The JobScout Social Network will connect you with other users on the site. This feature is completely opt in. If you do not want to use the Social Network, you do not have to. Please visit your Account Settings on the JobScout Dashboard to opt in or out of this feature.
3.2 Anonymous Data. "Anonymous Data" means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not permit the identification of individual persons.
3.3 Other Types of Data
- Cookies or Cache Data. Cookies are a message, or segment of data, sent from a website and stored in a user’s web browser while the user is browsing a website. A cache is a component of your Web device that transparently stores data for record-keeping purposes. Cookies do not identify users, but they do identify a user’s Web device. Most browsers and applications are initially set up to accept cookies. If you prefer, you can program your Web App so that it does not store this information. If you do so, however, you may not be able to take full advantage of the functionalities of the Web App.
- IP Addresses, Phone Serial Numbers and Phone Numbers. IP addresses, phone serial numbers and phone numbers are used by your Web device every time you are connected to the Internet. Your IP address is a number used by computers on the network to identify your Web device. IP addresses are automatically collected by our web server as part of demographic and profile data (“Traffic Data”) so that certain information (such as the web pages you request) may be sent to you. We will not use your IP address to attempt to identify your Personal Data.
- Referer. A “Referer” is the information transmitted by a web browser or application that references the Web URL you linked from, and is automatically collected by our web server as Traffic Data. We reserve the right to use this information to identify broad demographic trends that may be used to provide information tailored to your interests. You will not be personally identified from this information.
- System Information. System information that we collect as part of Traffic Data includes time, the type of web browser or phone being used, the operating system/platform, phone network and CPU Speed (“System Information”). System Information is sent automatically by your web browser when you are connected to a website or Web application. We reserve the right to use System Information for purposes of identifying broad demographic trends. System Information may also be used to provide information appropriate for your Web device. You will not be personally identified from this information.
4. USE OF DATA WE COLLECT.
4.1 Use of Personal Data. JobScout uses and stores your Personal Data in order to provide the Web App to you, and to analyze and improve upon the operation of the Web App. Personal Data may also be used for operational and administrative purposes of the Web App.
4.2 Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (i.e., your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Web App. JobScout reserves the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and to disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in its sole discretion.
4.3 E-mail Communications. If you provide your e-mail address, we may send you administrative e-mails. If you wish to opt out of these e-mails, you may do so by following the “unsubscribe” instructions provided for you in such e-mail.
4.2 User Testimonials. We value your feedback on, and appreciate any testimonials about, our Web App. If you send us any such feedback or testimonials, they shall be deemed, and shall remain, the property of JobScout, and shall not be considered confidential. JobScout shall, however, obtain prior written approval before using your identity or contact information, if JobScout wishes to reference you in connection with such feedback or testimonial.
5. DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES.
5.1 Disclosure to Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with, or allow your Personal Data to be collected by, third-party service providers:
- to provide you with the services that we offer you through our Web App;
- to conduct quality assurance testing;
- to facilitate creation of accounts;
- to provide technical support; or
- to provide other services to us or you. These third-party service providers are prohibited from using your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by JobScout. You expressly consent to the sharing of your Personal Data with our contractors and other service providers as described herein.
5.2 Legal Disclosures. Regardless of any choices you make regarding your Personal Data (as described below), JobScout may disclose Personal Data if it believes in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to:
- comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on JobScout;
- protect or defend the rights or property of JobScout or users of the Web App; or
- assist in the detection and investigation of fraud and other illegal activity.
5.4 Other Disclosures. Regardless of any choices you make regarding your Personal Data (as described below), we may disclose Personal Data if we believe in good faith that such disclosures are necessary:
- in connection with any legal investigation;
- to comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on JobScout;
- to protect or defend the rights or property of JobScout or users of the Web App; and/or
6. YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA.
6.2 Changes to Personal Data. You may change any of your Personal Data in your account by editing your Web App profile. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, but please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, however, such information may continue to be retained on our backup and archival systems. Accordingly, when you request that we remove your information from our systems, copies may remain on our systems for a certain time. Please note that such requests are handled promptly, but it does require some time to complete the request. Until that time, your information may continue to be used in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
6.3 Sharing of Information. We feel strongly that your Personal Data should only be seen by you, unless you choose to share it with others. We will never sell, rent, license or exchange Personal Data with a third party without your permission, except as otherwise provided. No Personal Data will be shared with advertisers or other JobScout partners without your permission. Some of your Anonymous Data may be shared on an aggregate basis only, as a part of a larger set of statistics (e.g., statistics that indicate the percentage of our customers that are female), but that information will not be sufficient to permit the recipient to identify you.
7.1 Security. JobScout is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. We also require you to enter a password and other authenticating information to access your account. Please do not disclose your account password to unauthorized people. Despite these measures, you should know that JobScout cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Data.
7.2 Links. The Web App may contain advertisements and/or links to websites owned or operated by third parties. Such links are provided for your reference only, and JobScout has no responsibility or liability for the privacy practices or the content of those websites.
7.4 Children. JobScout does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable Personal Data directed at persons under age 13. If JobScout learns that Personal Data of individuals younger than 13 years of age has been collected without verifiable parental consent, then JobScout will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. To make such a request, please contact us at (866) 671-8990.
7.5 General Inquiries and Concerns. To submit a general inquiry or concern, please contact us at (866) 671-8990 or write to us at the following address: Privacy Compliance TRAIL Headquarters, 101 Townsend Street, Suite 312, San Francisco 94107